Follow on Bloglovin

Let The Races Begin!!!

Saturday, August 24, 2013


 Its the 144th annual Travers Stakes in Saratoga Springs aka "Midsummer Derby". I didn't get to go this year, but it is the perfect excuse to talk about a favorite style of mine, Equestrian Chic!   I used to ride as a little girl even though I was allergic to hay and had severe asthma, but oddly so did my horse, Chief, I rode at camp (we were a mess!).

Equestrian chic is truly "All American".   I love the beautiful interpretations of this style with cozy tartan blankets, brass snaffle bits, warm hues of rusts and tans and rich leathers... oh this makes me so excited for my favorite season just around the corner! (who am I kidding,  I love every season in New England!)


       
(Amanda Nisbet)

                           


                                                                                            
 
( Celerie Kemble)        

                                                           

     (Windsor Smith)
                                                               

                                             
                           (Thom Filicia)                                                                  


                            (Ralph Lauren)







1. Horse Bit Frames 2. Table Lamp 3. Hide Mirror  4. Side Table 5. Leather Trim Pillow 6. Throw
7. Yoke Mirror 8. Horse Bit Hooks